Please note: If your order contains a title that is shown as A preorder item, your order will not be shipped until the preorder Has arrived, if you want items that are currently in stock please place a Separate order.
When The Lights Go Out (2 CD Deluxe Edition)
Nº of Discs:
1. I Don't Wanna Love
2. Still Remembered
3. Dance Out Of My Head
4. Laughin' At You
5. When The Lights Go Out
6. Pia's Interlude
7. I Really Like You (Not Him)
9. Since I've Been Lovin' You
10. Pia's Theme
11. It's Always The Same
1. Dance Out Of My Head (The Dressed Down Mix)
2. Dance Out Of My Head (House Groove Mix)
3. Dance Out Of My Head (Jam & Lewis Re-Mix)
4. Dance Out Of My Head (Ben Liebrand Mix)
5. Dance Out Of My Head (Dub Version)
6. Dance Out Of My Head (7" Version)
7. Heartbeat Of Love (7" Version)
8. Heartbeat Of Love (C&C Club Mix)
9. Heartbeat Of Love (C&C Dub Mix)
10. Heartbeat Of Love (Freestyle Club Mix)
11. Heartbeat Of Love (The DJ's Bonus Beats)
2 CD Deluxe Edition of Pia Zadora's 1988 album "When The Lights Go Out"
Liner Notes by Alex Henderson
Pia Zadora had quite an eclectic musical output during the late 70's and throughout the 80's, despite all of the attention focused on her marriage. Pia vocals, in this 1988 release, fit so perfectly within the album’s slick, effective, multi-layered arrangements.
When The Lights Go Out was her UK-only release and marked Zadora's return to the pop/dance fold after achieving credibility with her readings of R & B standards. The Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis' production is too slick at times; but the songs are well-crafted.
Up-tempo numbers comprise with the understated "Still Remembered" and pulsating "Dance Out of My Head" making the strongest impressions. However, it's the ballads that Zadora is most comfortable with, and the standout is "Since I've Been Lovin' You." A calming number built simply on keyboard layering’s and Zadora's vocal, it exemplifies her penchant for subtle R&B styling’s and strays from the excessive production of several other cuts. "Silence" is a close match, demonstrating her proficiency in the soprano range.
The track listing is evenly split between energetic dance-pop numbers and sullen R&B ballads. From the kinetic, catchy "Laughin' at You" to the pensive, romantic "Since I've Been Lovin' You," this set effectively captures many moods in one listen!
Review by Justin Kantor.